"The true story is vicious
and multiple and untrue
after all. Why do you
need it? Don’t ever
ask for the true story."
- Margaret Atwood, from True Stories (via violentwavesofemotion)
"I learn a good deal by merely observing you,
And letting you talk as long as you please,
And taking note of what you do not say."
- T.S. Eliot, from The Cocktail Party (via violentwavesofemotion)
"Gradually, but deliberately…I have made myself into a machine. I have done it deliberately—in order to endure, in order not to feel. I have deliberately killed my senses—I have deliberately died […]"
- T.S. Eliot, from Selected Letters (via violentwavesofemotion)
"Most things will be okay eventually, but not everything will be. Sometimes you’ll put up a good fight and lose. Sometimes you’ll hold on really hard and realize there is no choice but to let go. Acceptance is a small, quiet room."
Everything you love is here
(Source: quotes-shape-us, via lovequotesrus)
"We were together. I forget the rest."
- Walt Whitman (via alightwithfaith)
(Source: feellng, via hazydaays)
Stephen James | Hedonist
I may cry you a river if you do not stop being this perfect.
"That is the problem of silence:
one cannot test one’s ideas.
Because they are not ideas, they are the truth."
- Louise Glück, from Birthday (via violentwavesofemotion)